Frequently Asked Questions
- I haven't heard of FERIHEGY EXPRESS. What does your company name mean, and what services do you offer?
"Ferihegy" is the former, and still most popular name of the budapest Airport (BUD), recently renamed to Liszt Ferenc Airport.
Our company specializes in reasonably priced transfers to or from the airport, as an alternative to the pricing of taxis.
Our business model: Hired Car With Chauffeur. It's not a taxi, hired from a transport corporation, but a car service, providing a car and a driver.
This way we can offer competitive prices for airport transfer, instead of the officially regulated taxi tariffs.
We give you a fixed price in advance, so you'll know what your total cost will be, regardless of possible traffic or airline delays.
- How much time before departure should I book your car?
Budapest Airport recommends arriving to the airport 2 hours before departure. Add to this the travel time from your address to the airport,
which depends on the distance and traffic conditions, usually between 20 and 60 minutes from the city of budapest.
- When should I order your services?
Please book your trip at least 2-4 days in advance.
- I would like to book a trip from the airport to my address. Where will you be waiting for me, and how will I find your car?
After your plane landed, and you retrieved your luggage, please call our number for detailed instructions about the meeting point, the color, model and license plate number of our car.
It will pick you up in approximately 6-8 minutes. Don't worry if your flight arrives late, there's no extra charge for delays. We constantly monitor airline movements on the Internet, and adjust for
early or late arrivals. Pick up point: Arrival area > outside lane > "Taxi prebook" sign
- Can I get a receipt, invoice?
Yes of course.
- What method of payment do you accept?
We accept both cash and credit card..
- Meet and greet service. Where do I meet the driver?
Our driver will wait in front of the information desk, holding your name on a board.
It will be best if you could provide us with your mobile number so that our driver can keep in touch with you during pick up.
- Do you have a Cancellation policy?
You should inform us about cancellations at least 3 hours prior to the time requested.